Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My working life

My name is Enery. I started working when I was 16 Years old, I wanted to work at age 14 but my mom didn't let me because at that time I was still in High School, she said that I only need it to concentrate in my school work, so when I graduated from high school at age 16 I looked for a job right away. I notice that it was hard to find one, I applied to Every store available, Toys R us, Target, Wall-mart and many more, but I didn't get a response from them. Later on a friend of my who works at Mcdonald told me that they were Hiring so I fill out an application and they hire me. This is the only job experience that I have so far, I have not try to look for another job even though I get paid the minumun wage which is $7.25 an hour but i dont really care since i dont have to pay any bills, im just focused on getting a good education. The best thing I like about my job is that I can manage my own schedule, I decided when to work and when not to work, which is good because been in college is not easy and I don't want to stress myself or fail my classes.

I can imagine my future work life pretty god because once I'm finish in LaGuardia I'm planning to get a job as a correction officer and at the same time continuing my education at john jay. Then become a lawyer or a paralegal. What I would like to learn from this class is how to become a better writer and improve myself.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard, Enery - I look forward to hearing more from you as the semester unfolds.

    ReplyDelete